Biaxin
  • I know that sinus infections can irritate the nasal passages, and cause irritation to all the bronchial tubes in the base of the lobes of the lungs
  • I prefer to stop them, before they spread to my lower lobes of my lungs
  • When they do spread to the lower bases of the lungs, it becomes a bigger problem
  • After I took my second dose of Biaxin, about 12 hours later, (eating better this time), I noticed the joint pain was gone, for the most part

• by Rhonlynn

Severe sinus infections are not joyous, and can be very serious. I have seasonal allergies and food allergies, and I tend to get one or more upper respiratory infections a year. I know that sinus infections can irritate the nasal passages, and cause irritation to all the bronchial tubes in the base of the lobes of the lungs. Infact, that’s usually how I describe my sinus infections.

I prefer to stop them, before they spread to my lower lobes of my lungs. When they do spread to the lower bases of the lungs, it becomes a bigger problem. I was given a prescription for Biaxin for my latest sinus infection.

Biaxin is a strong erythromycin antibiotic, along the same lines as Zithromycin. I began taking Biaxin, this particular dose is 500 mgs, twice daily for 10 days, as soon as I got the prescription home. It immediately conflicted with my stomach, but that was my fault.

I hadn’t eaten enough to justify taking the tablet. Within about 6 hours, my cough began to change it’s sound. It began as a moist, painful roar, when I realized the infection had gone into my upper lungs, before I went to the doctor’s.

6 hours after my first does of Biaxin, my cough began to sound like a dry seal, which is a ...

• good thing, meaning, it’s a drier cough. My joints were very sore, each one, were aching and all my muscles were fatigued, especially, my chest and ribs. After I took my second dose of Biaxin, about 12 hours later, (eating better this time), I noticed the joint pain was gone, for the most part.

My cough still lingered, and will long after the medication is over. But the sound of my cough, again, changed from a dry seal sound, to moist barking sound. By the third dose, my joint pain was completley gone, cough still lingered, but was not as strong, and no headache.

My irritated bronchial

passages, that I invisioned as red and saturated, were no longer as irritated as they once were. My face, which had been puffy for three days, thinned down to it’s normal appearance. That was almost immediately noticed.

I feel a whole lot better. I can easily compare Biaxin to Zithromycin. Ofcourse, it all depends on what antibiotic the doctor orders.

I have 8 more days on Biaxin. For severe sinus infection, Biaxin worked for me. It comes in 250 and 500 mg doses, can be given to babies as a suspension, and is also prescribed for h-pylori, and athlete’s foot.

I’m very pleased with the progress I’ve had, so far, with Biaxin.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 262101574890931/k2311a0121/1.21.09