Walgreen’s Moist/Dry Heating Pad
  • I think I have found a very nice, unknown bargain

• by Rhonlynn

I was waiting for my name to be called at the clinic at my local Walgreens. Being a nurse, I knew what I had an upper respiratory infection. I scanned my eyes along the visible shelves near my chair. I had been previously looking for a device much like a heating pad, but one that provided moist heat.

It was there that I spotted a heating pad, marketed by Wal-Green’s. What

struck my curious eye, was it had the availabilities to provide moist or dry heat. The price was only 14.

99. I have allergy troubles that sometimes develop into sinus infections. Moist heat is welcome.

Well, I saw the nurse, got my prescription, and bought the heating pad, along with my antibiotic. When I unpacked the heating pad from the package, I was pleasantly surprised. It is a Sunbeam brand 531 ...

• Heating pad.

It is totally waterproof, plastic, with the heating element inside the plastic pad. The fabric cover is removable and washable,and contains a removable sponge. The sponge is to be dampened, and wrung out, then placed inside the cover.

The cover is snapped, and heat is programmed. There are three levels of warmth, from low to high. I tried all three levels, with and without the moist

sponge beneath the cover.

The moist heat is helpful to the sinus area. I found the moist heat element effective. In fact, at times, it resembled a steam treatment, to my clogged nasal cavities.

I think I have found a very nice, unknown bargain. I’m not sure how long the plastic pad will hold up. It could become brittle in time, I think.

But for 14. 99, it is a great buy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 342101574780931/k2311a0121/1.21.09