Insignia 32″ Class 720p Flat-Panel LCD HDTV/DVD Combo
1.0
  • I thought this TV had the possibility of being a really good television boy was I mistaken
  • I found that the picture on this TV was flat compared to bigger name brands
  • My friend hasn't had any problem with the Picture going out on the TV so at least that seems to be a good sign that the TV itself won't break
  • I don't know how much I can stress if you can at all cost stay away from this set

• by David Boston

I thought this TV had the possibility of being a really good television boy was I mistaken. I guess I was thrown off some by seeing a 720P TV with a built in TV player I guess I shouldn’t let that fool me anymore. Because well it doesn’t make this TY any better.

I found that the picture on this TV was flat compared to bigger name brands. But that is kind of expected when you buy an off brand TV. At least that is what I expect. Thank goodness I wasn’t the one that bought this TV.

My friend bought it and I’m over there quite often and we both say that it was a mistake for him to buy this TV. The picture quality that he lost getting this TV wasn’t worth the money that he saved in his pocket he could have upgraded for not a whole lot more money.

The DVD player on this TV set also is terrible if there is any small scratch on it then it will skip. Its way, way too sensitive compared to a lot of other DVD player. We ended up hooking a different player to it

so that we could watch the movies in peace without getting mad when it skipped. As soon as we try the on the TV set again it skips. So it’s obviously not the DVD.

The sound that comes through the TV speakers it weak like almost all flat panel TV’s. Although this is just another thing to add to a bad TV in all honesty there isn’t anything real positive that I can think of to say about this TV. Except be warned! This TV is not for you, or for anyone!

Insignia is a brand that I haven’t seen ...

• Insignia 32
      many good things about. But even they have produced better TV’s then this one. My best advice is if you are still thinking about this TV go in store and compare it the other TV’s around it and see what you think. Sadly you can’t really try the DVD player but I’ve heard of a lot of people have the same problems that my friend has had with it.

You could add surround sound to this TV to get rid of one of the problems that it has with sound. But if you have surround sound you really

can’t spend more money to buy a better TV? I mean I guess this TV is better than being stuck with a 15 year old TV so if this is all you can afford don’t expect anything great. My friend hasn’t had any problem with the Picture going out on the TV so at least that seems to be a good sign that the TV itself won’t break.

I would just save my money though and look to buy a better TV. I don’t know how much I can stress if you can at all cost stay away from this set!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 162101574750931/k2311a0121/1.21.09