Death Note anime  » Movies  »
  • Overall, I highly recommend this anime to all those who haven't seen it whether anime lover or not

• by shiobeh

I am not a big fan of anime and Death Note was one of the first that I have watched. Though I have heard some of my die-hard anime fanatic friends going gaga over this, I still am not that keen on watching it. But I was glad I did because this anime really blew off my mind.

It is neither action-packed nor giddy giddy kind of anime. It does not contain kawaii moments or comical ones which is common to anime. It was the kind of anime which

makes your mind work and makes your imagination run. It was mind boggling, something I really haven’t heard of much in anime.

The story begins with Ryuuki the Shinigami who intentionally dropped his Death Note, a notebook that has the power to kill anyone just by writing their name on it, into the human world. And this powerful notebook lands on the hand of Light Yagami, one of the top students in Japan. He uses this to kill criminals in order to create a better world. But when things ...

• got out of hand, the Interpol, with the help of the world’s famous detective L, investigates to find the killer.

The plot really amazes me. Everything was really thought carefully and I must commend the writers of this manga as well as the anime. The way Light Yagami thinks of his next moves and the way L uses his detective stints, it really were remarkable. Though I must say that the first few episodes after L’s disappearance got a little less exciting, it was not much to wipe away

the adrenaline rush. Mello and Near, the two successors of L, replaced L’s very intellectual thinking. I was still contemplating on how good it was even after months I have watched it. It was really that good.

And it was not a very long and dragging anime. It only consists of 37 episodes and I somehow wish it was longer. But each and every episode is worth-watching, no episode should be missed.

Overall, I highly recommend this anime to all those who haven’t seen it whether anime lover or not.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112101574510931/k2311a0121/1.21.09