Ghostbusters movie  » Movies  »
  • Even now, I think of it as a classic even though it has one of my least favorite comedians and actors in there, Bill Murray
  • It shows how different parapsychology professors decide to create a company called Ghostbusters right after they have noticed a spike in paranormal activity around the city they live in
  • When I watched it just recently again, I didn't think it was downright awful, but I thought it could have used more working on
  • I would recommend this movie to all Ghostbusters fans of the movie

• by RedTape

One of my favorite movies was the first Ghostbusters movie. Even now, I think of it as a classic even though it has one of my least favorite comedians and actors in there, Bill Murray. I think one of the reasons why I appreciated it too was that, even though I was born in the late 80s, for a few years I was used to watching the Ghostbusters cartoon on one of the local channels here on a Saturday when I was little. Thus I was more than excited to know after I first started watching cable television that there was also a movie to it.

The first Ghostbusters film was released

in 1984. It starred actor Bill Murray as Dr. Peter Venkman, actor Dan Arkroyd as Dr. Raymond Stantz, actor Harold Ramis as Dr. Egon Spengler, actor Ernie Hudson as Winston Zeddmore and actress Annie Potts as the Ghostbusters’ secretary Janine Melnitz. This film revolves around the creation of the Ghostbusters as viewers of the cartoon and the second movie know them. It shows how different parapsychology professors decide to create a company called “Ghostbusters” right after they have noticed a spike in paranormal activity around the city they live in. However, after a while they begin to understand that the spike in paranormal activity has been caused by an ancient Sumerian god ...

• who has basically opened a backdoor in the city to a dimension where the paranormal exist. Therefore, even though they were made fun of previously, the Ghostbusters are now expected to save the city.

When I first watched the movie I didn’t notice very bad how a lot of the special effects were. However, watching the movie again just recently made me realize how outdated most of the special effects were. For example, the portrayal of “Slimer” and a few other ghosts made me laugh, while I can remember that when I first saw it when I was little, I was scared by a few of them.

There was also the script which

I now think wasn’t as good as I originally thought when I was much younger. When I watched it just recently again, I didn’t think it was downright awful, but I thought it could have used more working on.

Overall the acting wasn’t bad either. I usually hate to see Bill Murray in movies, as over the years, I have found that the actor annoys me more than he entertains me. However, in this one, I was able to sit and enjoy him acting his role.

I would recommend this movie to all Ghostbusters fans of the movie. It seems very cheesy to me now, but it is still quite fun to watch.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112001573831031/k2311a0120/1.20.09