Bedtime Stories  » Movies  »
  • I like the movie because i was wrong with my expectations
  • First, when i thought that it was a typical boring story telling time but there was more to it
  • I thought that Sandler can win the challenge by pre-emptying it with a successful ending but sadly he made the discovery himself on what was really in store for him

• by ibizaspain

I have been a fan of Walt Disney. It fascinates me to imagine and dream about fantasy. I grabbed a copy of Bedtime Stories and i eagerly played it on my dvd.

By anticipation we thought, and as the title suggests that its the typical story telling time and the movie will just portray the fantasy world in the story but there is more than that.

The movie stars Adam Sandler (Skeeter) and with

his nephew( Patrick) and niece (Bobby) who were the kids of Courtney Cox. Keri Russell, the star of the TV hit Felicity was also there.

As Adam Sandler puts his niece and nephew to bed, he provides him with story that he himself spontaneously created. In the middle of the creating it, Bobby and Patrick edits some parts and those parts which the kids created came to reality the next day.

I like the ...

• movie because i was wrong with my expectations.

First, when i thought that it was a typical boring story telling time but there was more to it. Still what was controlling in the end was the determination to shape up your destiny. I thought that Sandler can win the challenge by pre-emptying it with a successful ending but sadly he made the discovery himself on what was really in store for him.

Second, when

we thought about Disney movies, we often relate this with imagination and make-believe. This was one with a touch of reality.

Though Guy Pearce and Keri Russell usually appear in contender films, actors and actresses can play any part. I would commend them for this film. Actors can play any role they want. Courtney Cox was awesome too. Her indulging in some children’s epic is nothing new. She lended her voice in Branyard once.

Bedtime Stories

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112001573821031/k2311a0120/1.20.09