The Lord Of The Rings books
  • Tolkien did a great job inventing languages and scripts for his fantasy land - elven, dwarvish, etc. What more makes the books themselves interesting for aesthetic purpose, is the inclusion of examples of Tolkien's maps of Middle Earth and examples of the languages translated to common english

• by Becky
      I’ve read the novels by J. R. R Tolkien I swear it be hundreds of times by now.

And each and every time, I find myself delved so deep into the story of Middle Earth, it’s hard to retrieve my mind from fantasy back to reality. These novels were written in the trenches of W.

W 1 and were the beginnings of the oh-so popular role-playing game we all know today as Dungeons

& Dragons or DND. Tolkien was a very talented writer.

The LOTR novels are written with the hand of a talented tale teller. He describes each and every event in such precise detail, the reader feels as though he/she is participating.

Tolkien was very imaginative to come up with such a story line, it is very original, as we can tell from the amount of novels and games created since that are based on these stories. I loved the stories because it had an equal balance of battle and adventure.

For each battle, every event prior would be described. Tolkien did a great job inventing languages and scripts for his fantasy land - elven, dwarvish, etc.

What more makes the books themselves interesting for aesthetic purpose, is the inclusion of examples of Tolkien’s maps of Middle Earth and examples of ...

• The Lord Of The Rings books
      the languages translated to common english. There were a few things about the novels that kicked me back to reality pretty quick and I didn’t like that.

There was a lot of old English, so for those of us who have grown up in a society of Ebonix and slang, it was a little hard to understand what the point was that was being stated. Sometimes, Tolkien described things a

little too much and it really made the story drag on.

But somehow, those moments always led to a surprising battle or adventure. I also found the writing very jumpy.

One minute, you’re reading about Frodo and the next Aragorn or Arwen. Very jumpy.

Overall, I loved the stories and I will read them until my dying days. I can deal with the negatives.

You can’t have everything all the time right?

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17220557370131/k2311a0522/5.22.06