Harriet the Spy
  • Harriet the Spy was one of my favourite children's movies when I was younger
  • Just recently in fact, I found out that it was the same actress who starred in the movies Ice Princess and Eurotrip who played the role of Harriet in the movie
  • The young actress who plays Harriet in this movie was the actress Michelle Trachtenberg and I thought she played the role of Harriet very well even though I did not read the novel
  • In fact, right now I still think it was one of her best roles and possibly the best and most sensible movie I have seen released by Nickelodeon
  • Therefore, I would recommend this movie to children from as early as six years old to as late as nine as I believe it is a very fun movie to watch

• by RedTape

“Harriet the Spy” was one of my favourite children’s movies when I was younger. Just recently in fact, I found out that it was the same actress who starred in the movies “Ice Princess” and “Eurotrip” who played the role of Harriet in the movie.

The movie is a fairly modern adaptation of a book called “Harriet the Spy” which was written in 1964. However, in 1996 Nickelodeon and Paramount Pictures were

responsible for making the book into a movie. The movie was about a young girl who spies on each of her friends, neighbours, relatives and classmates and writes about them and their secrets in a notebook she has. On the other hand, when a girl who dislikes her finds the notebook and reads it aloud to Harriet’s classmates and friends, everyone begins to dislike her.

The young actress who plays Harriet in ...

• this movie was the actress Michelle Trachtenberg and I thought she played the role of Harriet very well even though I did not read the novel. In fact, right now I still think it was one of her best roles and possibly the best and most sensible movie I have seen released by Nickelodeon.

Nevertheless I was about eight when this movie was released, and I can remember it was very popular

amongst my peers. Everyone including my cousin who was almost nine had suddenly gained an interest in becoming a spy like Harriet, even though many times it was impossible.

Therefore, I would recommend this movie to children from as early as six years old to as late as nine as I believe it is a very fun movie to watch. Something like this would stimulate imagination, and thus motivate many children to be creative.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 112001573170931/k2311a0120/1.20.09