The GE Immersion Blender/Food Processor Model 106757  » Electronics  »
  • I havn't used the immersion blade for making shakes and smoothies, but I can see where it would be very good for that

• by aupoet

I do the cooking in our house and this little blender/processor is a real work saver for me. I use it all the time for chopping nuts and ice, grinding bread crumbs, whipping up cream and even whole milk for toppings, and shredding all kinds of vegetables for slaws and casseroles.

I have had this machine for four years

now and it is still going strong without any broken parts.

It came with a chopping blade, a sealable chopping container, and an immersion blade.

I havn’t used the immersion blade for making shakes and smoothies, but I can see where it would be very good for that.

The parts are all dishwasher safe and easy to clean.

This ...

• is a small, light weight handheld mixer, so it doesn’t take up much counter space and could be stored in a deep drawer.

It is great for people with weak hands because of its light weight and handy gripping surfaces.

It is not weak though having a 200 watt motor and heavy duty blades.

I find it will chop

and grind up ice cubes quickly using the immersion blade.

the chopping blade can only be used with the sealable container and a small plastic insert that comes with it.

I believe this is for safety purposes.

The container holds two cups of ingredients.

It is a must have for making salsa and sauces such as mayonaise and ranch dressing.

Michael Adams says :

Please advise of the availability of model 106757 Food Chopper Hand Held . Thank you

Galega says :

GE has stopped production of model 106757 Food Chopper Hand Held. There are newer and better model from GE, which you can consider. If you want to stick with the same model, then you may want to try it at a second hand/old products/refurbished products marketplace. It may also be available on eBay.

vida says :

I had this model, but it gave me a lot of trouble, especially when trying to get thick batter done. another headache was the cleaning. Once i got water in the electric section and it had to be given for repair. the servicing of the company is not prompt either. so i just shoved it back of my cupboard and got myself a better more practical one. also i have not seen this model in stores for quite some time, i guess the company must have got lot of complaints and upgraded it.

aupoet replies :

I do not know where you can buy a new one now. I have had mine for a few years. I check on Amazon and see it is not listed by them, so it may not be available anymore.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 161901572720931/k2311a0119/1.19.09