Kings Perth Hotel Australia
Corner of Hay & Pier Street, Perth CBD, Australia
  • All in all, I enjoyed my stay at the Kings Perth Hotel, but I think it was for the wrong reasons
  • If you're on a budget, I can wholly recommend it, but if you've got some spare cash lying around, rather explore your options

• by EJ

The first leg of my Australian tour kicked off with a four-night stay in the Kings Perth Hotel, a three star hotel located at the corner of Hay and Pier Street in the heart of the city.

The hotel lobby is decorated in ornate, dark wooden furniture and wood paneled walls with low, overhanging gold plated light fittings that give it an old-world charm but in no

way screams ‘luxurious.’ The bedrooms are spacious but feel stale due to the inability to crack open any of the windows. The furniture should have been replaced years ago but the management has instead opted to let each piece die a slow and painful death. The bathrooms are clean and cozy but a hole in the ceiling that was ‘repaired’ by being stuffed with a handful of toilet paper ...

• didn’t do much to inspire any confidence in my travel agent.

Thankfully, the hotel staff was courteous and helpful and the complimentary buffet breakfast was more than adequate to keep me from running for the nearest Holiday Inn. More importantly, the hotel is located in a bustling shopping district of the city with the Hay Street Shopping Mall within walking distance. A bus stop is located right outside the hotel

doors offering free bus rides around the city. Tour Operators are also sprinkled about the vicinity, offering tourists a varied selection of tour destinations and packages.

All in all, I enjoyed my stay at the Kings Perth Hotel, but I think it was for the wrong reasons. If you’re on a budget, I can wholly recommend it, but if you’ve got some spare cash lying around, rather explore your options.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 21901572710931/k2311a0119/1.19.09