IKEA Vreta furniture
2.5
NJ, USA
  • I read reviews that the cushions were hard (which I like) and that the furniture is child friendly
  • BUT you may want to consider carefully before purchasing this furniture
  • This problem is more evident on the loveseat than on the sofa
  • Overall, the furniture is attractive and if you are looking for non-fussy looking black leather in a world that seems to favor brown, IKEA's Vreta line may be the best option for the price

• by BDarke

I purchased IKEA’s Vreta line (sofa, loveseat and ottoman) in black leather three months ago. I read reviews that the cushions were hard (which I like) and that the furniture is child friendly. BUT you may want to consider carefully before purchasing this furniture.

IKEA’s service was, well, IKEA. The website reported that the furniture was not available in the store, yet when I ordered the items they were shipped from our local

store. The delivery fee isn’t that bad and no one died, just check in store first if you want to save the delivery fee.

When the furniture arrived it looked good though the leather was dry (parched, actually) so I gave it a good coat of IKEA’s leather treatment. The seats were very firm, but wore in quickly (too quickly as I would have preferred that they stayed firm). The furniture is comfortable ...

• and wipe-and-wear child friendly.

PROBLEM: As the cushions “wear in” the leather either stretches, or is loose due to the cushion compressing. I am not overweight, so this wear is not the result of a large rear or excessive use (I don’t sit in the furniture all day every day). As the leather becomes loose, if you do not sit on both sides of the sofa and loveseat (rotate where you sit on

the furniture), they develop an uneven appearance which may annoy more fastidious people. This problem is more evident on the loveseat than on the sofa. The ottoman is fine and I tend to sit on that more than anything else.

Overall, the furniture is attractive and if you are looking for non-fussy looking black leather in a world that seems to favor brown, IKEA’s Vreta line may be the best option for the price.

Rec says :

The seat cushions do not come out to clean , or if you want to put on a slip cover later on

shannon says :

Anyone have the Ikea footstool that goes with the vreta corner sofa right arm in black? I waited too long and now they don’t carry the couch anymore nor the footstool and I would love to have it now that I have a bigger home. Or does anyone know where I could buy it?
    thanks

sally everett says :

When did they stop selling that sofa? Sounds like I waited to long to buy one.

B replies :

What color do you need?

shannon says :

I need the black one to go with my couch

Dario says :

I do have the stool, black almost new………..dont need, for sale.

Shannon says :

Do you still have this stool and if so where do you livr

B says :

Yes, Raleigh, NC

Shannon says :

Hi thanks I appreciate your reply but I am in Canada British Columbia and would cost a lot with mail service now days to get it here

-19
    meriem says :

I am about to buy a Vreta sofa in ivory what is your review about it? I have to small children. Thanks

Jennifer Davis says :

The Vreta sofa is beautiful, but I would be very cautious since it is such a light color. I have a Beige Ikea Vreta leather couch and it does not clean as well as I thought it would. Simple things like juice and food will wipe right off, but dirt and sticky residue (particularly from candy covered hands) cling to it.

I went and purchased a set of Better Homes and Gardens Slip overs for the couch from my local Wal-Mart (400 Shallowford Rd NW, Gainesville, GA 30504) I paid about $ 100 for the fitted ones so the shape of my couch would still come out, but I love them. It really helps to protect my couch from the kids and our pets.

I am disappointed that I cant see the leather, but I still love the shape of the couch. If you do buy it I suggest purchasing some good slip covers.

Carrie L. says :

Did you have any luck purchasing Vreta slip covers? Now that the line is discontinued I can’t find them anywhere.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 571901572260831/k2311a0119/1.19.09