Safeway Vodka Sauce
  • It has the best flavor of all the vodka sauces I have tried
  • And, unfortunately, they do not disclose this to their fans

• by Hawaii Reviewer

Safeway Select Vodka Pasta Sauce is really awesome. It has the best flavor of all the vodka sauces I have tried. I am ashamed to admit that this wonderful sauce took me so long to discover.

The reason it took so long for me to discover this wonderful taste sensation is because I subscribed to the myth that the name brand products were somehow by virtue of their names, far better overall than the generic brands or

less fancy appearing brands. Of course, the Safeway Select packaging is not bad at all, but compared to those more expensive brands, it is overall less attractive to me, or at least that used to be the case.

I have since learned that this is not the case. Do not judge a book by its cover as they say.

The only reason I tried this brand is because they were out of the name brand I ...

• usually buy, and I had already planned to have spaghetti for dinner. It is also much cheaper by the way.

So what is it about the flavor that grabbed me and hasn’t let me go? I am hooked on this sauce, and eat it at least once a week or I begin to crave it, and here is why. It is all in the spices that they use.

And, unfortunately, they do not disclose this

to their fans. What I wouldn’t give for the recipe.

And, this mysterious blend of spices cream, tomatoes and just the right of vodka is my favorite of all the name brand vodka sauces - go figure. You really must try this brand if you are a fan of vodka sauce.

You will be glad you did. It tastes marvelous with the Safeway brand Rainbow Rotini noodles.

I hope you enjoy it as much as I do.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271901572130831/k2311a0119/1.19.09