Banana Boat Ultra Defense Continuous Spray Sunblock  » Cosmetics  »
0.5
  • This is just my opinion, but I would spare yourself the painful experience of sunburn just to see for yourself

• by Hawaii Reviewer

Don’t let the cute colorful packaging fool you! Banana Boat Ultra Defense continuous spray sunblock is a poor excuse for a sunscreen product. I have since tried other products of theirs and I have come to the conclusion that this company is a sham, that their products do not do what the company claims they will do. This is just my opinion, but I would spare yourself the painful experience of sunburn just to see for yourself. You know how it is, it is difficult to tell how much sun your skin is absorbing (especially when you have a sunscreen on that you

think is working) until hours later when you start seeing the red and feeling the heat of the sunburned skin. Do yourself a favor and try another brand.

This product, according to the writing on the bottle, promises long lasting UVA/UVB protection and claims to be waterproof. Is there a UVC that they don’t tell you about, or is the product ineffective? I’m thinking it’s the product. I applied this stuff thoroughly and several times over during a four hour romp at the beach. I know from experience that sweat washes away the protection and that it is good practice to ...

• apply sunscreen often during prolonged exposure to the UV rays. So, that’s what I did, and I still got sunburned with this product!

I was in the water for quite awhile, so I wonder if this is when I was the most unprotected by this stuff. I mean, when I was on the beach, out of the water, I was applying the stuff constantly. So, either the UV protection it claims to offer (SPF 50) is ineffective, or the stuff is actually not waterproof as they promise. Whatever the case, I will not risk the chance of skin cancer by being a

guinea pig in an experiment to see where this product is defective. Shouldn’t that be the responsibility of the company?

This company also claims that this stuff protects and cools. That is absolutely untrue. It certainly did not protect me from the sun’s harmful rays, and there was even a remotely cooling effect from this junk. Oh, they actually have some fancy shmancy writing on the bottle which brags about some BS called AvoTriplex photostable UVA technology, whatever the heck that is! What a scam! Any, I hate everything about this product, and strongly believe that it should be pulled from the market.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311901572100831/k2311a0119/1.19.09