Just My Luck movie  » Movies  »
  • Still, the movie was very funny in parts, so it was a good experience
  • My friend leaned over to me at point and said, This is definitely a chick flick

• by Izzie Shakespeare
      I was given free tickets to a premier showing of “Just My Luck,” starring Lindsey Lohann, so a male friend of mine and I went to see it. Every teenage girl within a 30-mile radius seemed to be at this premier. Some of them even managed to drag a boy along.

Still, the movie was very funny in parts, so it was a good experience. The premise of the movie is that some people are born lucky, while others are born

unlucky.

In the movie, the good luck changed bodies with the bad luck when Lindsey’s character kissed a masked man at a ball. The rest of the movie consisted of Lindsey trying to find the same man to regain her luck.

I loved the slapstick comedy regarding the man who originally had the bad luck. I also liked the overtly funny moves of the oversized record producer.

My friend leaned over to me at point and said, “This is definitely ...

• a chick flick. ” Still, I caught him laughing out loud several times during the film.

There was a cute moment in the movie when almost every teenage girl in the audience said, “Aaaaaah,” at exactly the same time. The boys just laughed.

I also loved the “aha” moment in the film when Lindsey’s characters best friend made a comment about not dwelling on the bad times so you can just enjoy the good times. Her friend had the right idea.

/> One other drawing point for me was that the movie was not loaded with sex scenes. In fact, the closest thing to a sex scene was when an older woman went into a party booth with her date.

Nothing was shown; all was left to the imagination. There was Lindsey’s kiss with the masked stranger, of course, but this action was necessary to advance the plot.

“Just My Luck” wasn’t the greatest movie I’ve ever seen, but it certainly was good for a few fairly innocent laughs.

Just My Luck movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11190557181231/k2311a0519/5.19.06