Dopamet  » Medicine  »
  • I was a little worried taking the drug also since I was breastfeeding my baby, I ask the pediatrician if it would harm my baby in any way and he told me that there is no absolute effect to my baby so I can use it even if I am breastfeeding

• by maffy

Hypertension runs in family especially from my father side. My dad died because of stroke which is due to his hypertension his mom died from this too and most of his sibling are also hypertensive.

When I was still pregnant a few months before giving birth my doctor was alarmed because of sudden increase in my blood pressure but it was still in normal levels so I wasn’t

given any medication but after giving birth my blood pressure reached 180/120 which is abnormal.

My doctor was confused because my blood pressure raised after giving birth which is a little awkward.

I stayed in the hospital for two days to be further evaluated.

They gave me Dopamet which is the brand name for Methyldopa.

I was advised to take it once a day since my blood pressure ...

• wasn’t going down at all.

This happened but I never felt anything unpleasant at all such as headache and dizziness.

After taking in the drug for one day my blood pressure slowly went down.

I was advised to take it for one more week until my follow up check up to my OB-Gyne.

I followed their advise and it did work for me and my blood pressure return

to its normal state.

Methyldopa is given to patients who usually are at risk for eclampsia and pre-eclampsia.

I was a little worried taking the drug also since I was breastfeeding my baby, I ask the pediatrician if it would harm my baby in any way and he told me that there is no absolute effect to my baby so I can use it even if I am breastfeeding.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261801571641031/k2311a0118/1.18.09