Maybelline Mascara: The Colossal Volum’ Express

• by doris dabbler

I have long lashes, but they are pretty sparse. I am constantly buying mascara to volumize them. I recently bought a new product by Maybelline called the Colossal Volum’ Express.

It has a wand and head that closely resembles a “teddy bear” applicator. The term “teddy bear” basically means that the head of the wand is very big and round.

It’s not as big around as some other “teddy bear” applicators, but

I have to say that this does the job. It comes in a yellow tube with metallic purple lettering.

The mascara itself does have a little bit of a smell to it that is hard to define- it doesn’t really stink, but it sort of has a sweet chlorine smell to it. I have sensitive eyes so usually I try to buy mascara that is dermatologist tested.

I don’t think this mascara ...

• is, but it has yet to irritate my eyes, so that’s good. I was pleased with the fact that the mascara wasn’t chunky at all.

It does dry quite quickly though, so if you want to apply more than one coat, you need to do it quickly. One thing that I was disappointed about was that I couldn’t find a “brown” in this version of mascara.

They had classic black, soft black

and extreme black, or something like that. I usually go for a brown color because it gives a more natural look, which I personally like more.

Aside from that, overall I really like this product. If I can find a brownish-black or brown in it, then it will definitely become a staple mascara for me.

For volumizing it really does the job- I just wish it wasn’t available in black, black and more black.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311801571391031/k2311a0118/1.18.09