Ghiradelli 60% Chocolate Squares  » Food  »
  • Of all the dark chocolates out there, I believe Ghiradelli's is the best
  • At first they seemed a little bitter, but now I really love them

• by MaggieC

I am like most women, I like chocolate. There has been a lot in the health news about dark chocolate being good for you. So, I started trying different brands of dark chocolate that was at least 60% cocoa.

Of all the dark chocolates out there, I believe Ghiradelli’s is the best. I buy the small

squares in the bag.

One thing about their dark chocolate, one square will satisfy my craving for chocolate, without making me go on a binge and eating more and more. I have tried some other dark chocolates on the market, such as Hersheys.

But none of the other brands are as good. The other ...

• brands seem to taste kind of waxy.

Ghiradelli’s makes other chocolate squares, like one with caramel in the middle. It is good, but it just triggers you to eat more.

It think it has to do with the high sugar content. The dark Ghiradelli squares are not sweet, and for some people they may seem too

“dark”.

It did take me a little while to get used to them. At first they seemed a little bitter, but now I really love them.

I keep a bag in the refrigerator and take out one to eat slowly, each day. It is by far the best tasting of the dark chocolates out there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271801571291031/k2311a0118/1.18.09