Effexor XR  » Medicine  »
  • I decided to try a different medication so I had to begin weaning myself off of the Effexor XR

• by dkramer

I began taking Effexor XR 75mg per day approximately one year ago. The medication is very expensive so my doctor gave me a month of samples because I do not have insurance.

The first week on the medication was hard for me because of some of the side effects. I suffered from dizziness, upset

stomach and a jittery feeling. Starting the second week I began to feel better and the side effects went away. I could feel the medicine working.

After using all the samples I had to decide whether or not to stay on them and pay over $100 for 30 pills a month or find something less expensive. I decided to try a different medication so I had to begin weaning myself off of the Effexor XR. This was the scariest three days of my life. I cried all the time, I had muscle twitches, and I seriously considered suicide.

After trying four or five ...

• Effexor XR
      different types of anti-depression medication I had to go back on the Effexor XR because it was the only medication that worked for me. After a year on the medication I am still on it but we have had to up the dosage from 75mg to 150mg daily. Last month it cost my
      $150 for 30 pills. This month a generic version finally came out but the savings is not as much as I would have hoped for. It cost me $110 for 30 pills.

Even though it is very expensive and I don’t have insurance I continue to take the Effexor XR because it really helps with my depression.

Effexor XR

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261801571180931/k2311a0118/1.18.09