re: Super Wal-Mart Great Value Butter  » Food  »
Odessa Williams says :

I also like some of Walmart’s Great Value items, but I have never tried the butter. I always get Land O Lakes. I love the taste of it. I will not make the mistake of buying this butter from there. I am glad I saw this review.

gary bowman says :

Most cooks when doing any type of baking prefer to use sweet cream butter that is not salted,,,,just pointing that out…I suppose if you like your cookies and other baked goods salty then bake away.

Charles johnson says :

re : I don’t like all of the Great Value products, but many I do
OK for toast, do not use for baking Anything. Can not find out who/where the butter comes from

Eric says :

I think t has ome kind of wax in it. I left mine out all day and it remained firm and hard and difficult spread on warm toast. Very strange for butter. I will try another brand in future. Weird butter this stuff.

Karen L Sorenson says :

I agree. This stuff does not act like real butter. I also noticed that it does not soften like normal butter. Sitting out in the butter dish it remains still. Also, softening in the microwave took me two tries and still not softened. I made a rhubarb crisp and it was very difficult to mix it to a crumb consistency. So I looked on the ingredient list on the label which lists pasteurized cream natural flavorings. I was curious what those natural flavorings are because this does not act like butter.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271801570971231/k2311a0118/1.18.09