Super Wal-Mart Great Value Prunes  » Food  »
  • I noticed that the brand name prunes were almost twice the price of Super Wal-Mart's generic Great-Value brand

• by MaggieC

My mother lives with us and I do the grocery shopping. She has me buy prunes and I will admit I have started eating them too.

My husband laughs at me, and thinks prunes are gross.

To me, they taste like sweet candy.

Mom is very picky about brands, and is not receptive to trying anything generic.

But,

with the current economy, I insist she at least try.

I noticed that the brand name prunes were almost twice the price of Super Wal-Mart’s generic “Great-Value” brand.

I have been trying many of their generic brands.

Some are very good, some are okay, and some are awful.

I decided to give their prunes a try.

...

• I am happy to report that they were very good, moist and plump and the same flavor as the name brand.

The only difference, I often find a pit or part of a pit remaining in the generic Great-Value brand.

It doesn’t happen with every prune, but I have found that at least one or more prune

in a container will have at least a part of a pit still in it.

To save money, they must process the prunes in a more careless manner.

It does make me wonder about other factors with the prunes, such as, are they careful with the cleanliness during processing? The taste is good, but the few pits are annoying.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271801570951231/k2311a0118/1.18.09