Wal-Mart Great Value Brand Ice Cream  » Food  »
  • Their ice cream is often one or two dollars less than other popular brands, so I decided to try
  • But, I noticed their generic brand was the cheapest
  • The only problem, I haven't been able to find their brand in a reduced calorie ice cream
  • I will admit, I do regret the extra calories

• by MaggieC

Ice cream has gotten really expensive and many of the brands have reduced the size of the container, yet still charge the old price. Since we have been shopping at the new Super-Wal-Mart that opened in the community I have been trying out their generic brands with the

label “Great Value”.

Their ice cream is often one or two dollars less than other popular brands, so I decided to try.

In fact, the other day one was just $2.

50 and I have seen that sized ice cream sell for double that price at other stores.

Most all the ice cream in the Super-Wal-Mart is cheaper than buying it at another grocery chain.

But, I noticed their generic brand was the cheapest.

So, I decided to give it a try.

You could not taste the difference.

It was just as good as Dryers ...

• Wal-Mart Great Value Brand Ice Cream
      Ice cream, and much cheaper.

The only problem, I haven’t been able to find their brand in a reduced calorie ice cream.

I don’t know if they make it, and I have just missed it on the shelf.

Usually I buy the ice cream with reduced sugar or

low fat, yet I don’t know if Great Buy makes it.

I will keep looking.

I never buy anything but the Great Buy ice cream now, because sometimes it is half the price and there is no taste difference.

I will admit, I do regret the extra calories!

Cindy Angstadt says :

Does this ice cream use milk from cows given artificial growth hormones?

John says :

Wal-Mart Great Value products don’t use artificial growth hormones.

Joanna says :

This ice-cream does use milk that comes from cows. It is a good ice-cream for the price. I like Blue Bell, but Great Value has a wonderful cherry vanilla that is wonderfully creamy.

Galega says :

The manufacturer has now given the source of the milk that they are using for making this ice cream. There isn’t any regulatory requirement for the same. However, seeing the market trends and price point, you can assume that they are using only cow milk. But, then, you can only assume in this case. Further, there isn’t any artificial growth hormones used in this Ice Cream.

Tonia parson says :

Chocolate decadent fudge tracks is our favorite

linda stith says :

Why have you changed the Decant Fudge Tracks, You have now just tiny little fudge in it, Wish you would make it like it was, Too bed cuz it was great

Kevin says :

I liked the Toffee Crunch,they changed it to Toffe Philosophy and what ever they did,it’s nasty.Won’t by that anymore,the other kinds are good.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271801570941231/k2311a0118/1.18.09