UNO card game
Games
  • I had no idea what to get him but I knew that I wanted it to be different from the other toys he would get, computer games ,etc. I wanted to get him something that would encourage him to socialise so I thought a group game

• by Saron
      Try the Uno card game with your 9 year old + children. They will love it. The son of a friend of mine celebrated his birthday a little while ago.

I had no idea what to get him but I knew that I wanted it to be different from the other toys he would get, computer games ,etc. I wanted to get him something that would encourage him to socialise so I thought a group game.

I got him a pack of Uno cards. I told him the instructions in a simplified form

and a group of us got together with him to play.

He wanted to play over and over again after the first game, despite the fact that he did not win. He saw how he could win if he tried harder, and he was bitten by the challenge bug! I was so pleased that he was off the computer and enjoying this simple but fun game with his friends.

The rules I gave him were these: The aim of the game was to get rid of his 7 cards. He does this by following the card ...

• that the player before him put down with one of the same colour (different colour) or same number (different colour).

There are other cards which I showed them to him. If the player before you puts them down you have to either pick up two or four cards, miss a turn because they bar you or miss a turn because the order of players changes.

And there is another card - the person who puts that card down gets to change the colour of the cards that up till then were being put down on the

table. So if they say change to red your can’t put down that green card you wanted to, you have to see if there is a red card you can put down.

When he is down to his last card - after putting down his last but one card he has to say “uno” . If someone says it before him he has to pick up a card.

If at any point in the game he can’t go he has to pick up a card. There are more complicated rules, but these are enough for a 9 year old.

UNO card game

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28180557050431/k2311a0518/5.18.06