Dish Network sattelite service  » Satellite services  »
0.5
  • It only cost us a little more than two hundred dollars to get out of that mess

• by Beverly Hindman
      Last year my husband finally convinced me I was missing one of life’s most exciting elements. Sattelite television programming. I called Dish Network after much cussing and discussing.

they set me up with a date to install my service. The big day came and at 9:00 a.

m I was up and ready and waiting, after all I was about to embark on the thrill of my life, one hundred and sixty channels of television entertainment right in my very own living room.

/> Finally the technician arrived and installed wires, pole, dish, and reciever box after digging up my backyard and rearranging my living room.

He did manage to get the television working and I then had my one hundred and sixty channels of pure viewers heaven. The technician left and I was about to be entertained, according to my husband, so, we ordered a pizza.

Except, my vcr did not work, my dvd player did not work, my dvd burner would not work and if I wanted ...

• them hooked back up I would have to go to radio shack and buy several sets of jumper wires. We decided to forego the electonic appendages for the evening and settled down to argue over which channels to watch.

This was when we came to reality, after cruising the channels, we now had 23 home shopper channels, 46 music only channels, 6 foriegn language movie channels and all the channels we started with when we had cable. all this for only one hundred dollars

more per month than cable charged.

we could not make sense out of the Dish network people misleading a customer by telling them they would have one hundred and sixty viewing channels. What they did not tell us is we would be wasting our time viewing over half of them.

Dish network needs to be honest with people especially senior citizens. We called the next day and had cable put back in and called Dish network to cancel.

It only cost us a little more than two hundred dollars to get out of that mess.

MikeL DISH says :

I apologize for any confusion that seemed to have arisen upon activation of your service with us, Beverly Hindman. I`m sorry for the technical trouble you had with the equipment, as well. Had you been able to speak to any of our representatives about these issues to try to get them resolved? We appreciate the feedback from your post and I will forward it to our management to look into improving our service in such a way that this won`t happen again

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 23180557040431/k2311a0518/5.18.06