A Night to Remember movie  » Movies  »
  • I know that there have been other movies made about the sinking of the Titanic however this was made in 1958
  • I found this movie very compelling and moving

• by LP Jardine

I watched a British Film called “A Night to Remember” which is a movie about the sinking of the Titanic. I know that there have been other movies made about the sinking of the Titanic however this was made in 1958.

Interestingly, this was made in black and white. It however did not have any

of the other dramas that the other movies about the titanic have had. Instead the drama was the sinking of the ship and the attempts to save the lives of the passengers.

I found this movie very compelling and moving.

There was a ship called the Carpathian which was the rescue ship. Which heard through ...

• Morse code that the ship was in distress. I find it odd that that was the only ship which helped the Titanic. Other ships did not believe the Titanic was in trouble.

The movie did feature the famous Molly Brown. Of course, Andrews who designed the ship.

I did some research on the movie and

found that the boarding scene was actually 1938 footage of The Queen Elizabeth.

I found one of the most compelling characters to be the morse code operator on the Carpathian, and the person on the Titanic sending the distress codes.

I liked the movie because it was more documentary than with all the frills, yet still very dramatic.

A Night to Remember movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111601570371031/k2311a0116/1.16.09