Uni-ball Vision Pens  » Other  »
2.0
  • They look great with their silver casing and colored bulb on the cap, but make such a mess and cost a fortune

• by Becky McDonald

Not my favorite pen in the world, that’s for sure. They look great with their silver casing and colored bulb on the cap, but make such a mess and cost a fortune!

These pens use a gel ink which takes some time to dry. The barrell is quite uncomfortable to hold, offering no grip or padding. I also find the ink barrell bursts quite easily,

so don’t put these pens in your pocket!

I do love the colours however. The Uni-ball Vision is available in almost every colour you can think of. They make for a great accessory in an art project, as they have an ultra fine nib and appear almost paint like on the proper canvas.

What really bites about these pens is that they are not refillable ...

• since they use a true ink cartridge. Once the ink is gone, the pen is garbage, then you’re out to buy a new one. Which brings me to my next point - the price. OMG! Talk about Paris Hilton extravagant! She’d probably love these things. One single pen runs almost $4 in your local department store. A box? Try nearly $50.

It is pretty great

that the pens are water and fade proof. Since I’m such a klutz at time, that’s quite helpful when I’m working on a project. I’m also a pack-rat, so fade proof is great too. But I honestly don’t feel that in the age of technology any one should be able to justify spending that much money on a pen for either proof. Use a flash drive!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 121601570020931/k2311a0116/1.16.09