Madonna  » People  »
  • I love watching her on the red carpet and in the celebrity magazines

• by Becky McDonald

I may not like her music, I’ve never been a fan of the queen of pop, but I gotta give credit where credit is due. Madonna turned 50 last year, and the woman is still smokin!

Madonna started performing as a broke young woman in New York City, as many with big dreams do. The difference is that Madonna perservered with hard work and a stubborn, never give up attitude.

I admire the woman. She’s 50 years old and doesn’t look a day over thirty

five. She’s a success in every sense of the word, and even thirty years after recording her first album and hitting number one with it, she can still pump out some rockin jams that hit the top of the charts. Not my favorite genre, but catchy stuff.

I love watching her on the red carpet and in the celebrity magazines. The woman is no fashion icon, like Beyonce for example, but she’s comfortable in her own skin and her own success enough to wear ...

• a dress made of astro-turf and still carry herself with the confidence that jaws are going to drop when they see her.

Mind you, this whole “Kabballah” thing confuses me. $150 grand a year on water? huh? Okay, so her religious views aren’t ones I really respect. But who am I to judge? I applaud her for finding inner peace through a religion that is actually a religion, instead of some crackpot set of rules like Scientology.

She’s never been afraid to express her

self truly and wholly, no matter how controversial it might be to others. That’s a trait to truly admire, even if the methods she went about it were not. This is a woman whom the Vatican has spent decades trying to oppress, and still they fail.

Seriously, how many fifty year olds do you know with six packs, biceps and can actually NOT wear a bra without worrying about kicking themselves? I may not like her as a person, but DAMN she’s still got it!

Madonna

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 521601569980931/k2311a0116/1.16.09