Virgin Coconut Oil from Carica Philippines
1.5
Carica Philippines, Buendia corner Gil Puyat, Makati, Philippines
  • I was really delighted as even the new bottle I bought really tasted so fresh and almost luscious as that of the gelatinous coconut variety called Macapuno
  • I found myself with more energy after just a week of my constant intake
  • I was so disappointed though that as I took the first spoon from the new bottle, the oil was not as fresh as the one we first got

• by ladyli

I have always known that Virgin Coconut Oil has a lot of health benefits but I simply was unable to find a brand that could give me real good tasting one. Most of those I tasted gave me rancid taste that I could not take. One time though, I was enticed to enter the Carica shop at Bautista, Makati, Philippines and there I was to buy a bottle of VCO after a tasted a fresh sample that passed my taste. I was really delighted as even the new bottle I bought really tasted so fresh and almost luscious as that of the gelatinous coconut variety called “Macapuno”. That was the taste I have been looking for so I was convinced I’d be getting my supply of VCO from Carica from then on.

I immediately returned to Carica the next day and

bought one more bottle of VCO which I gave to my mother. I knew my Mom needed the health benefits of the Virgin Coconut Oil. One immediate benefit the VCO gave me was remarkable amount of energy. I found myself with more energy after just a week of my constant intake.

My mother on the other hand was cured of constant constipation. My husband also felt real good energy added to him as well. Satisfied with the benefit, when our first bottle was finished, I went back to Carica to buy a bigger bottle. I was so disappointed though that as I took the first spoon from the new bottle, the oil was not as fresh as the one we first got.

It was rancid and I felt like throwing up after tasting it. So the next day, I went ...

• to Carica to complain this matter. They told me that VCO was not expired as the label clearly stated but they never insisted the rancid oil to me because they themselves admitted it was rancid. They gave me a new bottle labeled to be more recently manufactured than the rancid one.

Of course I was thinking the new one will no longer give me a rancid taste. When I arrived home though, I was disappointed because the taste of the oil though not as rancid as the one I returned was however not as fresh as the first. As I had been initially introduced to a real fresh tasting VCO by Carica, I returned again to them to complain. They were however not very convinced that it was rancid when they tasted it and were telling me that was really

the taste of their VCO.

Of course I disputed them because that was not true. Again, though reluctant, they changed my VCO but first I had to taste the VCO they gave for replacement. I was disappointed that the replacement tasted just the same. It never passed my longing for the fresh taste I initially had.

I looked at the label and I saw the replacement was newly manufactured. Of course, I had no choice but just accept the not so fresh tasting replacement. After we finished that bottle, I tried purchasing another bottle from Carica with the hope I’d get a fresh tasting one again. But much to my disappointment, it was not.

From then on, I stopped buying VCO from Carica. I just content myself with their Malunggay capsule. I am now scouting for a fresh tasting brand of VCO.

jett paras says :

please enlighten me on the other health benefits of virgin coconut oil. i heard over dzas that it is good to enhance memory too. is that really true? how much should i take daily? and where can i buy the product? i live in montalban,rizal, is there a store near our place? thank you so much.

Galega says :

Research is still going on in this field. However, few studies have found that for short term it can help. The idea is that by boosting ketones, found in coconut oil, we can improve cognitive function.

Ronalyn B. Rivera says :

I am a former member of Bahay Kubo Cooperative,of Carica Phils. We want to know the updates about the market of virgin coconut oil, we are now planning to be a producer of vco as a livelihood of women organization federation. I’m also a user of vco and its really amazing to discover that product, as of now i’m introducing the use of vco in our place to be aware of the use of these product as Botica sa Botelya. Thanks God Bless

pilar Yen says :

re : I was so disappointed though that as I took the first spoon from the new bottle, the oil was not as fresh as the one we first got
    The first bottle was fine. The second and I opened the third as well, smelled and tasted like copra.

Albrenny says :

Coconut oil can go bad be sure to check the color of the coconut oil. It has a rancid smell when it becomes spoiled as well. Coconut oil can last between 1-4 years so there isn’t an guaranteed time period from you to know if its good or not.

Galega says :

The entire process of packaging is automated. It is very unlikely that some problem started during the processing and packaging phase. It is highly likely that the second bottle that you had used was past its best before date. Please check the manufacturing and best before date. Also ensure that the seal of the bottle has not been opened when you were buying it.

Armand says :

re : I found myself with more energy after just a week of my constant intake
    Yes, you’re right. thats one of the most common benefits of taking VCO.

Marvin NG says :

1 Is your virgin coconut oil a Certified Organic Cold-Pressed and Unrefined 100 Pure Coconut Oil? If yes, any certified organisation? 2 How to differentiate Carica VCO with others? 3 Any Clinical Research for VCO benefits? 4 How much to consume? How frequent? 5 What`s the minimum age to consume? Safe for children? 6 Can i have your company profile? Thank you Best regards, Marvin NG

ladyli replies :

Sorry I am not in the position to answer that. Better just direct your query to Carica Philippines. Thanks

Galega says :

The manufacturer has claimed that it is 100% pure and organic. However, there isn’t any certification that they have shown on the packaging. You can check it yourself. Further, this virgin oil is safe for children above 2 years of age. As for dosage, you should speak to your physician.

Juan says :

Where is the Carica VCO available in Cebu? thanks

ladyli says :

They are available in Mercury Drug Stores

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271601569950931/k2311a0116/1.16.09