Cherryculture.com  » Cosmetics  »
  • If I could find alternatives that are almost equal to, if not better, at a fraction of the cost-why would I waste money
  • Now, on the downside of things, I have a huge problem with the lid
  • Another thing that I don't like about the Amuse palette, is that the mirror doesn't stay flipped up- you can't just sit it on a table and do your makeup, you'll have to hold it up, or prop something behind it to get it to stay that way
  • They also supply those dinky little eye shadow sticks, but I threw mine away, as I like to use my own makeup brushes
  • Aside from the things I dislike about this palette, the colors (some of them compare to MAC for sure), its compact size and its mirror are definitely worth the $12.00 you can buy it for on Cherryculture

• by Doris Dabbler

Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

If you are in love with cosmetics and always looking for good quality makeup for a bargain price, one of the most popular stores online to buy from is Cherryculture. com. There are tons of Youtube videos by users showing off their makeup hauls from Cherry Culture. If you are a makeup addict, you might have seen or heard about Cherry Culture, or you may even be someone who has purchased from Cherry Culture. I came across the site by accident- I was looking for makeup tutorials online, and came across a Youtube video featuring some of the products sold on Cherryculture. com.

When I heard how much these cosmetics were sold for, I was a little apprehensive. I mean, seriously, high quality lipsticks for $1. 50 each? Eye shadows from a $1?!

Being a bargain-queen myself, I thought, well, why not try some of them myself. But most important, to see if it’s really as great as people have been saying. MAC has been known for their fabulous makeup, but really, I have never bought one

single item from MAC that was under $20.

If I could find alternatives that are almost equal to, if not better, at a fraction of the cost-why would I waste money? After all I’m not all that hung-up on brand name labels. So I looked through their online catalogue and found quite a few items to seem pretty good for cheap. L. A. Colors, Amuse, NYX, and Starry, are a few of the inexpensive brands on the site.

This review is on a 20 eye shadow, plus 2 blush palette they have on the site by Amuse, it’s only $12 US. It doesn’t have a particular name, but if you go to this link http://www. cherryculture. com/cosmetics/makeup/amuse/amuse-makeup-kit/16877&cat=319&page=1, you can see a picture of it. I bought number 1.

First off, the colors are shimmery with pinks, browns, golds, creams, blues and greens. You also get one each of white, black and grey eye shadow. Then you get one bronze color blush (with shimmer) and also matte peach-pink colored blush. The pigment on most of the colors ...

• is fabulous. The color that surprised me the most was the top right color which is like a rusty red color.

I just touched my finger to it and it was extremely bold and bright. Another thing that I liked about this palette is even if I don’t wear a primer, the colors seem to stay on a long time without touch-ups. Another thing that I absolutely loved was the size of the mirror that came with it! When I received it, there were no broken shadows, which was really nice. Now, on the downside of things, I have a huge problem with the lid. It closes nicely, so that there’s no chance of it flying open in your bag etc.

But, it is so hard to open it! If you are a girl who does her nails, you need to use a nail file to open this thing. No joke. It’s very, very hard to open. Another thing that I don’t like about the Amuse palette, is that the mirror doesn’t stay flipped

up- you can’t just sit it on a table and do your makeup, you’ll have to hold it up, or prop something behind it to get it to stay that way. The last thing that I really dislike about this palette is that the top is this ugly pastel blue, and the bottom is black.

I would much prefer if it was all black, even if it still had the “Amuse” label on the top. They also supply those dinky little eye shadow sticks, but I threw mine away, as I like to use my own makeup brushes. Overall, I think it’s a great first palette for anyone, or a great addition for those who want to add to their makeup collection. Aside from the things I dislike about this palette, the colors (some of them compare to MAC for sure), its compact size and its mirror are definitely worth the $12 you can buy it for on Cherryculture. com.

Cheers, Doris Dabbler

Cherryculture.com
    claudia says :

Is this product for people of colour?

John says :

Yes, there are universal colors that suit all ethnicities.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 311601569830931/k2311a0116/1.16.09