Nancy Drew Mystery Stories  » Books  »
  • I have to admit I like the older series rather than the ones that are still written
  • I know at times people make fun of these type books but they are what I grew up reading

• by LP Jardine

“The Nancy Drew Mysteries” written by Carolyn Keene are timeless classics that I grew up enjoying. I admit at times if I can find nothing to read I still read them.

I began collecting the series in the mid seventies when I was 8 years old.

I liked the

style of the mysteries from the 1st “Secret of the Old Clock” to the 55th “The Thirteenth Pearl”.

I liked the mysteries because they were entertaining and gave young girls a decent role model.

My personal favorites in the series were “The Secret at Shadow Ranch” where Nancy goes to an Arizona ...

• ranch to solve Valentine’s treasure mystery. , “The Hidden Window Mystery” where Nancy solves the mystery of a hidden stained glass window, and “The Ringmasters Secret” when Nancy went undercover in a circus.

I have to admit I like the older series rather than the ones that are still written. These

newer ones are more repetitive. Even though in the originals they can be repetitive they are better story lines.

I liked her friends Bess and George. George being a tomboy was always my favorite of the characters.

I know at times people make fun of these type books but they are what I grew up reading.

Lady Marielle says :

what are the main characters in Nancy drew the Hidden Window Mystery?

Isadora Night says :

Nancy,Bess, George, Alonzo and Susan are the main characters of the Hidden Window Mystery.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171601569590831/k2311a0116/1.16.09