Hawaii Kai Dog Park  » Pets  »
Keahole Street Honolulu, HI 96825
  • It is maintained by volunteers and is one of the best dog parks in my opinion because it is so nice and clean
  • I think it is great that they have a relatively big space for our small dogs
  • The only problem is that there is no shade for dogs and owners during the day

• by Hawaii Reviewer

The Hawaii Kai dog park is relatively new to Oahu. It is maintained by volunteers and is one of the best dog parks in my opinion because it is so nice and clean. Of course, the dogs and their owners are a breed all their own. The classy breed frequents this place, probably because it is a classy neighborhood for the most part. I have not met a mean dog or

owner here yet. All of the dogs seem to be very well behaved, and most appear to have been to obedience school. Of course, it could be due to the lifestyle they enjoy. No mean dogs here ..yet!

I especially love that the little dog pen is just as big as the big dog pen. It’s about time an equitable dog park was built. Until now, the little guy ...

• has seriously been discriminated against in these parks. I think it is great that they have a relatively big space for our small dogs. They also provide poop baggies and a cute little water trough for the dogs. There is ample parking too, which is not the case for most of the other parks.

The only problem is that there is no shade for dogs and owners during the day.

I think that is because it is still so new. Maybe they will put some trees in eventually - that would be nice, because it gets so hot during the day, especially on this part of the island. The dog park closes at dusk, so be sure to visit there before the sun goes down. I think you will really enjoy the class of people and dogs who attend this new and busy dog park.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291601569240831/k2311a0116/1.16.09