Tanduay Superior  » Food  »
  • When I first tasted a shot of Tanduay Superior, my first impression was that it is delicious - in a rum kind of way
  • I have compared it to the other rums I have tasted before, and I can definitely say that it is among the few which I savor, instead of drown, the aftertaste
  • It was during this incident that I decided that it is better to drink it straight than chase it with something

• by Helixirizms

Rums have always been among the more common drinks available almost everywhere. Among the rums we know of today is Tanduay Superior. Tanduay Superior is a twelve-year-old rum manufactured by La Tondeña, a Philippine rum maker.

I, personally, rate the quality of a drink through its aftertaste. When I first tasted a shot of Tanduay Superior, my first impression was that it is delicious - in a rum kind of

way. I have compared it to the other rums I have tasted before, and I can definitely say that it is among the few which I savor, instead of drown, the aftertaste. It’s that tasty (again, in a rum kind of way).

I did a few experimentations. I have tried chasing it with all sorts of drinks imaginable. I have even tried chasing it with gin one time. It was ...

• during a time when everything we had was a mess, and I accidentally poured in gin instead of water. You can imagine how that should taste, I bet. It was during this incident that I decided that it is better to drink it straight than chase it with something. I was able to appreciate Tanduay Superior more after that gruesome mix with gin.

Right now, I am a big Tanduay

Superior fan. Although I am already resigned to have my Tanduay Superior drank straight, I am still open to new things. Perhaps a better mix with the rum can be developed, and I could change ways and start drinking Tanduay Superior mixed with something. Rum cokes were developed, but I never really fancied such mix. Perhaps something better is underway. Until then, it’s “straight, no chaser” for my Tanduay Superior.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 271601569050731/k2311a0116/1.16.09