DAP Touch ‘n Tone Red All Purpose Spray Paint  » Housewares  »
  • Roughly two years ago, I bought a DAP Touch 'n Tone Red All Purpose Spray Paint
  • However, I was wrong, and now I think the easiest part of it was actually designing it in Adobe Photoshop
  • I decided to try out my first stencil on an old faded t-shirt with a few holes in it
  • I tried to follow every detail, but kept on getting disappointed
  • I wondered if it was something I did not do right, or if it was a problem with the spray paint itself

• by RedTape

Roughly two years ago, I bought a DAP Touch ‘n Tone Red All Purpose Spray Paint. I bought it because I was going to try an stencil some of my t-shirts, my bag and possibly a pair of sneakers. It was the first time I would try to stencil anything, and thus I was very excited about the results I had seen in examples on the internet. Websites such as youtube.com had given easy tutorials also which gave instructions on how to make the stencil itself from plastic, as well as create the design using Adobe Photoshop. There were even a few videos showing how to finally use the spraypaint to make a stencil on different surfaces, and I got the impression that spray painting would be the easiest part of doing it. However, I

was wrong, and now I think the easiest part of it was actually designing it in Adobe Photoshop.

I decided to try out my first stencil on an old faded t-shirt with a few holes in it. I had finished creating the stencil design on Adobe Photoshop, and used a stencil knife to cut out the design on a thin sheet of plastic. I had followed all the instructions, so even now I’m not sure what exactly went wrong. I kept wondering if it was the type of spray paint which was helping to ruin my project since everything else went well.

The first thing I did was read the back of the spray paint can, since I didn’t want to make any mistakes. On the back it gives danger, warnings and even instructions for first aid ...

• just in case the paint is inhaled, it comes in contact with the skin or is simply ingested. I was very appreciative of that since at the time it did not occur to me that while spray painting I could inhale the spray paint as well as have it irritate my skin. Inhaling it could be especially dangerous to me also, as I have very bad allergy problems.

There are also instructions on the back of the spray paint which tells how exactly to use it. I tried to follow every detail, but kept on getting disappointed. There were times when I found the spray to be a bit watery, and kept thinking that if I were to give a second coat, the stencil would not be as bright as I hoped it would be

on the shirt. That was not the only problem as the paint kept getting under the plastic stencil and each time I tried, the print looked malformed. It baffled me as to how the people in those videos on youtube.com would make these things look so easy, and yet still I did not seem to get even one remotely right.

In the end, I noticed that the only good stencil was on the surface on which I was pressing on which was a table near the shed outside. The t-shirt I had tried to spray paint had several dark and light red blotches of paint on it, and my hands were red. I wondered if it was something I did not do right, or if it was a problem with the spray paint itself.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 531501568641031/k2311a0115/1.15.09