Gulliver’s Tavern Bangkok
Sukhumvit Soi 5, Sukhumvit Road, Bangkok
  • I was splurging on Guiness and the price can go as high as 180 BAHT

• by croces

I frequented Gulliver’s Tavern a lot during my stay at Bangkok. It’s a nice place to drink where people are friendly and it’s very easy to make friends. If you plan on drinking a lot, like I do, be prepared to spend. The beer can be very expensive. I was splurging on Guiness and the price can go as high as 180 BAHT. That’s over

5 dollars. The local beer will cost you over $4.

The food is decent but not gourmet quality. I usually order the Chicken Strips which would set me back around 125 Baht. Yes, you can get cheaper food around Bangkok (and better food) but this isn’t the reason to go to Gulliver’s. You’re here to hang out and mingle.

The atmosphere in Gulliver’s is very lively ...

• with both tourists and Thai girls mingling together. Aside from beer, the bar offers a wide variety of expensive cocktails. There are also TV screens showing sports so if you’re dying for some action from back home, this is a good place to catch up. During football games, the place may get a little rowdy. There are also a lot of pool tables but
        I’m not much of a billiards geek so I haven’t really tried them out. A word of warning though: there are a lot of pool sharks in this place. You might get hustled.

Don’t expect great service. The service is slow and this can be a cause of irritation. But hey, no one should be in a hurry in Bangkok. Your drinks will arrive soon enough.

GoodBook says :

tips on picking up girls form gullivers tavern

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71501568581031/k2311a0115/1.15.09