Jack’s Place Pizza Nanjing, China  » Restaurants  »
160 Shanghai Lu, Gulou, Nanjing, China
  • They have an interesting breakfast selection and I ordered French toast which was surprisingly good
  • It was definitely one of my Nanjing food highlights

• by croces

Jack’s Place is located opposite the Nanjing University dorm for foreign students. There is much written about Jack’s and it’s a very popular hang-out for foreigners. Desperate for some good food in Nanjing, I went over to Jack’s, hoping for a great meal.

First, like any other place in China, please don’t expect good service. Communication is very hard and I ended up with a

chocolate milk drink (which they insisted was a chocolate shake) instead of a softdrink. But the staff was very friendly, even overly friendly, so this mild inconvenience can be easily forgiven.

During my first visit to Jack’s I had some breakfast. They have an interesting breakfast selection and I ordered French toast which was surprisingly good. I also ordered an egg but it arrived cold ...

• to the touch. A pet peeve of mine, but hey, this is China so all is good.

Later in the week, I went back to Jack’s during the evening with some friends. We ordered a pizza and it arrived hot and wonderfully dripping with cheese. It was definitely one of my Nanjing food highlights. We ordered some beer to go with the pizza and the

beers arrived very cold. Over-all, my friends and I had such a nice time that we decided that another visit to Jack’s was very much warranted.

Like a lot of restaurants in China, Jack’s is very affordable. Expect the place to be packed with students and foreigners so if you’re looking for new people to hang out with, Jack’s is definitely the place to be.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 71501568551031/k2311a0115/1.15.09