The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman  » Books  »
  • While I am well over the age of a young adult, I definitely enjoyed the book
  • I found the writing easy to read and feel most young adult readers would find the text easy to understand
  • I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a quick read with supernatural events involved

• by Cathy Pearl

I recently finished this book written for young adults. It is a short text with a length that is appropriate to young adults and those that are all grown up. While I am well over the age of a young adult, I definitely enjoyed the book.

I liked the book because it is about a young boy who is raised in a cemetery by ghosts which captured

my imagination. I found the writing easy to read and feel most young adult readers would find the text easy to understand.

I liked the ending which was surprising and very appropriate for a tale about a boy growing up and coming of age. It made me laugh out loud in several places and also made me sad.

The characters were well written and well developed.

• While I liked the book, there was also some negative points.

I felt I had to totally suspend disbelief to enjoy the book. Some of the chapters are jumpy and forced me to make large leaps to follow the story.

Also, I felt the boy grew up very quickly. I wish the author had told more of his adventures.

He was growing up in a cemetery; there

was so much more he could have explored. Overall, this book will remind you of the things that you both lose and gain as you grow up and enter the world.

I would recommend this book to anyone who is looking for a quick read with supernatural events involved. I feel the book is appropriate for teens and up and any child with a vivid imagination will enjoy it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171501568480931/k2311a0115/1.15.09