Shree Siddhivinayak Temple cum tourist spot  » Travel  »
0.0
    • Item: Siddhivinayak Temple. Location: Prabhavathi,Mubai in India. by: Krishnakomali

Siddhivinayak temple is one of the most popular visiting places in India. Sri Ganesh is deity of this temple.

This temple is located at Prabravathi in Mumbai,India. I have been to this temple once. It took us nearly 40 minutes to reach this temple by train from Thane station.

The temple is very small when compared to

the other popular temples in India. Yet there is a heavy rush of devotees daily. I had to stand for two hours in the queue to have darshan.

The queue was very long. I was really surprised to see the central deity vinayaka in orange color. Because in south India,where ever you go,the deity’s statues are either in black color or white color.

But here in Mumbai, I have seen for ...

• the first time the statue in bright orange color. It was beautiful. Here people say that Tuesday is the favorite day of God.

So there is obviously a huge crowd of devotees on this day. After having darshan, we sat at the temple’s precious surroundings. We have been given offerings of god.

Temple premises are good and clean. Outside this temple, I found lots of hawkers selling offerings given to god like coconuts,bananas,

flowers,leaves,clothes,sindhur,etc. I can confess that Siddhivinayak temple is livelihood for the most of the people in Mumbai.

This temple is so popular that even the celebrities like cricket stars,film stars visit this temple and take blessings of siddhivinayaka before starting their personal projects. Here people believe that if you ask vinayaka anything,take it granted. I am really happy and feel luckiest to visit this temple and to receive blessings of Sri siddhivinayaka.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in May, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 38170556810431/k2311a0517/5.17.06