Korn band
  • I first discovered the band Korn in I think about 2000
  • I thought the video was amazing and mystifying too
  • Alone I Break by Korn was one of my favourite songs on the CD too, and even then, I still did not know who the band Korn was
  • I found myself trying to find out who the band was until I found out years later
  • Ironically, even though I like the band, I have never actually owned one of their albums

• by RedTape

I first discovered the band Korn in I think about 2000. It was when had seen the video for Freak on a Leash on MTV, and I remember thinking it was the heaviest type of rock music I had ever heard. I thought the video was amazing and mystifying too. The scene with the little children and the bullet was I think one of the most disturbing things about it, and I remember that I also had never seen such a mix of animation and film. I had come from a country and a background where most people I knew were into a mix of dancehall, reggae, soul, hip hop,

oldies and pop music; and I felt like when watching the video, I had stepped into another world. That song and band was how I ended up searching for heavier rock music, and partly what ended up getting me interested after a while in heavy metal.

I used to have a friend who at times would burn the latest rock music on a CD for me to listen to when I was younger. At that time, I did not own any music for myself, and had never been shopping for any either. One of the first CDs which she burned for me had the song “Alone I Break” from Korn ...

• on it too, and a short while after something happened and the CD was destroyed. “Alone I Break” by Korn was one of my favourite songs on the CD too, and even then, I still did not know who the band Korn was. I found myself trying to find out who the band was until I found out years later.

I love Korn. Even though I’m into heavier things right now, I still will not forget that they helped influence my love for music today. One thing I dislike about many of their fans though is that they insist on calling the band a heavy metal band. There are several

genres of heavy metal though, and I think that they would fall more into the category of one called “Nu-metal” because of their mainstream sound. I believe it also is based on the lyrics of their songs too, as many of the heavier genres of metal tend not to focus on as dark subjects as many “nu-metal” bands do.

Ironically, even though I like the band, I have never actually owned one of their albums. I remember however borrowing their album “Greatest Hits Volume 1″ from a friend in 2005. Somehow, I don’t see myself buying one of their albums. On the other hand, I might change my mind about that one day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 141501567830831/k2311a0115/1.15.09