Britney Spears  » People  »
  • Instead, I believe she was like a milder version of the High School musical actress, Vanessa Hudgens
  • Even though I did not share that belief, I still enjoyed the song, and thought that these people were sadly mistaken when she released her next hit
  • It was her third album, and I think it was about this time that Britney began to move in a downward spiral in her personal life

• by RedTape

I can remember when Britney Spears first became popular in the late nineties. The first time I saw her was on the Disney Channel in her music video called “Sometimes”. At that time she was not the sex symbol she is being portrayed as both in her music videos and in the media. Instead, I believe she was like a milder version of the High School musical actress, Vanessa Hudgens. In fact, anyone who watches the music video, and listens to the lyrics can see that she was young, fresh and full of innocence.

The world seemed to accept her song “Sometimes” too. I can’t remember if it went to number one on the billboard charts, but I can remember that many of my friends were always either singing it, or blasting it on their CD Players. However, there were others older than I was who held the idea that she was only another

passing fad in the music industry, as girls like her tend to release one hit and then fade away. Even though I did not share that belief, I still enjoyed the song, and thought that these people were sadly mistaken when she released her next hit. This was the song “Oops I did it Again”.

In the year 2000, the song was not at the very top of the Billboard charts; however, I can remember my friends and I falling in love with it as soon as we saw the music video on the Disney Channel. I can’t remember ever seeing anyone in a red cat suit before that video. What I can remember about it though was the impression it had on me. When watching that video for the first time I automatically knew that Britney Spears was going to be very big. There was something about her, which I had not seen in any ...

• of Disney’s performers, including the ones today.

I believe that these days, Britney has made a tremendous change from when she first came on to the music scene. Ever since her single “I’m a slave for you” was release a couple years ago, the American artiste seemed to be popular music’s new Madonna. The song was extremely sexually provocative and it proved that she had now really grown in to a woman. It was shocking and the talk of the media for months.

I still love her music video for Toxic though, which came out in the album “In the Zone” which was released in 2003. It was her third album, and I think it was about this time that Britney began to move in a downward spiral in her personal life. At that time, I was gravitating more to metal and still am. However, Britney Spears was the only modern pop artist whose music I still

liked. The only thing I did not like about that album though was that Toxic was the only song which fascinated me.

As many people may know, in 2007 she began to face many problems in her personal life. She had gone to rehab and was constantly in the media for odd things she was doing, some which involved her children. This continued for months. I could even see in her music videos where she looked as if her heart was not really into making them. To me she appeared very weary.

However, last year, in the end of 2008, it was obvious she bounced back. She released a few documentary and an album called “Circus”. Circus was the sixth studio album released by Britney Spears. As soon as the single Womanizer was released it exploded, and became big overnight, showing that she had indeed bounced back, and was once again the reigning princess of popular music.

Britney Spears

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 521501567800831/k2311a0115/1.15.09