Linksys WTR54GS WI-FI travel router
  • I worked with Linksys before so I know how the product works
  • The best and unique feature about the WTR54GS router is the ability to connect to the Internet without using any modem to hardwire in
  • I definitely recommend this product to all travelers who would love to be secured or behind a firewall while surfing the Internet by just connecting to one of the available signal

• by jesbellaine

An hour ago, my cousin IM me in my yahoo messenger because she needs help in configuring her portable travel wireless router that she got last Christmas. She decided to use it just now because she is in the dormitory in her school. It is connecting fine using the traditional modem line connection at the back of the Internet port of the router but her board mate doesn’t want her to use her modem to connect
      to the WTR54GS.

I worked with Linksys before so I know how the product works. The best and unique feature about the WTR54GS router is the ability to connect to the Internet without using any modem to hardwire in. It has the capability to view “unsecured wireless signal” then will connect to it after that it will basically relay the connection to the laptops connecting it.

So, I instruct her to access the setup page of ...

• the router then go to the basic setup and for the Internet setup, she needs to select “wireless” then we were able to view the available wireless network. After that, we reboot the laptop and there, we have a good connection! It is so simple. This specific device acts like a wireless bridge in which it receives the signal. My cousin was so happy that we were able to configure the WTR54GS and she was pleased because she can use it without having an account from any high speed internet company just to use the router.

Linksys rocks! I definitely recommend this product to all travelers who would love to be secured or behind a firewall while surfing the Internet by just connecting to one of the available signal! I give this a perfect rating of 10 since I have tested this for couple of months before it was published few years ago.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 331401567460831/k2311a0114/1.14.09