Jamaica Cable Vision Cable Company  » TV  »
  • We denied it of course, and would often remind them of how boring local television was
  • Some were jumping and I found it difficult to see through the static in others
  • At first, we had a problem with it, but after finding out many cable companies in Jamaica were now requiring their customers to have cable boxes, it wasn't a big problem anymore
  • What I have noticed is happening is that even though we chose our package years ago, they are now changing some channels from English speaking ones to Spanish speaking ones
  • I would not recommend this cable company to anyone living in my area, as they do not have quality service

• by RedTape

Before I went into high school, my brother and I were tired of watching local television and wanted cable television. Many of our friends had it, as well as many of our relatives. However, our parents chose not to get it as they felt that it would interfere with our schoolwork. We denied it of course, and would often remind them of how boring local television was. Is was not uncommon on some days for the same thing to be broadcasting on the two local channels, especially cricket in cricket season. Especially on days such as Sundays, there was never usually anything for young children to watch, even in the mornings, and we would feel worse when on Saturday mornings, the television stations seemed to have forgotten about cartoons and broadcast something else instead.

However, a little into my first year of high school my parents finally got cable television. Life

was so much more refreshing as we did not go out much as a family or as children, and some days, especially Sundays were much less boring. Our cable providers, Jamaica Cable Vision were small and unknown, and seemed to provide exceptional service at a very reasonable price. I can even remember that when we first got cable television from them, there were over seventy channels showing clearly on our television. There were cartoon channels, about five music stations, many movie channels and Direct TV, religious stations, news stations, sports stations and a few others.

Nevertheless, as the years went by, Jamaica Cable Vision’s service began to change. The first thing that happened was that the channels began to go away one by one, and many of them which were left were not showing properly. Some were jumping and I found it difficult to see through the static in others. It wasn’t ...

• very long before all of them were gone completely though, and Jamaica Cable Vision told us that we had to order packages now and get a cable box.

At first, we had a problem with it, but after finding out many cable companies in Jamaica were now requiring their customers to have cable boxes, it wasn’t a big problem anymore. We had much less channels than what we had started out with, but we were still happy with the package that we had chosen. Again, this changed when for about two years the company began giving us problems again. I would find that watching cable television got harder as in the days especially, when I would watch television, the channels would be showing clearly until they “blacked out.” This progressed to where it was happening every five minutes, and when we and other customers called the company, the majority of the time

we would get no answer. Again, this problem was fixed after some time, and then, cable was fairly enjoyable again. Just recently though, we have again started having problems with Jamaica Cable Vision.

What I have noticed is happening is that even though we chose our package years ago, they are now changing some channels from English speaking ones to Spanish speaking ones. I would not have had a problem with that either if many members of my country spoke Spanish. However, there are only a very small minority who do. Right now, one of my favorite channels, The Discovery Channel is in Spanish, and because my Spanish is not very good, I can no longer watch it.

I think what this proves is that even the best companies with the greatest deals deteriorate. I would not recommend this cable company to anyone living in my area, as they do not have quality service.

kim says :

do you offer internet service, and whats the cost? how much is it for cable?

Redtape replies :

Read the review. I`m not from Jamaica Cable Vision.

Adriab says :

Is disney channel in Spanish??

Galega says :

Yes, Disney channel is available in Spanish language.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101401567070731/k2311a0114/1.14.09