Mr. Monk and the Other Brother  » TV  »
  • Steve Zahn, who has starred in quite a few movies I've been very impressed with, co-stars in this episode as Monk's half brother

• by Steve

It’s been so long since there’s been a new episode of the show Monk on, I almost forgot about it tonight and nearly missed it. But, while not as good as older episodes of Monk, I will say Mr. Monk and the Other Brother turned out to be worth the wait.

Steve Zahn,

who has starred in quite a few movies I’ve been very impressed with, co-stars in this episode as Monk’s half brother. Of course, him having a half brother probably wouldn’t make a lot of sense if I hadn’t seen the episode where we meet his dad and he reveals he has another ...

• son.

Poor Monk though. Not one of his brothers is normal. The brother we know about won’t leave his house. This brother is in prison and decides to escape; something that inadvertantly gets him framed for murdering the warden’s wife and give the police even more reason to want to find him. So,

of course, he goes to find Monk for help in proving his innocence.

The mystery itself wasn’t overly complicated but watching Monk describe it brought back plenty of memories and reminded me why I missed this show. In fact, I’m thinking about putting it on later tonight, when they re-broadcast it; just to watch him again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101401566810731/k2311a0114/1.14.09