Coupling: Size Matters  » TV  »
2.5
  • It certainly felt more like its own show than it did in the pilot, and I hope that is a good sign

• by Elton Gahr

The second episode of Coupling was better than the first, but it still felt like old jokes. Again, the first few minutes of the episode were weak, but they got into the better part sooner and there were some laughs there.

It certainly felt more like its own show than it did

in the pilot, and I hope that is a good sign.

In the first episode, it seemed as if I were watching a bad episode of Friends, but this time they had more personality.

It was also far more British than the previous episode, which was both good and bad.

The discussion ...

• of British politics was a bit hard to follow, but I still got most of the point, and it still felt like I was actual watching something besides a watered down American show.

I barely watched the second episode but this has improved enough that I will give the show at least

one more episode.

If it continues to improve then I will most likely watch the entire first season since there are only six episodes, but if it continues to use tired old jokes and the characters remain the same stereotypes as in the pilot I’ll assume that they aren’t planning to do anything new and move one.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 101401566570631/k2311a0114/1.14.09