Greenies
  • I recommend purchasing them at Longs if you have one near you

• by Hawaii Reviewer

Greenies are the world’s catnip for dogs - they are in heaven when chomping on one of these. I’ve yet to meet a dog who does not like them. Now, I have the most finicky Toy Poodle in the world, and I have to admit it did not come easy for him like it does for most dogs, but he eventually took a liking to them that amazes me today.

I use the word greenie to snap him out of it when he is misbehaving or when he doesn’t want to come in from his walk and it works wonders because he is so obsessed with these little stinky green things with the strangest texture. Of course, I have to keep a constant supply on hand because

it is total chaos when I promise him a greenie to get him to come home when we’re out for a walk, and forgot that the cupboard was empty. Yes, this has happened more than once - I can be a real airhead at times. So keep a regular supply on hand if you’re anything like me and cannot resist treating your dog to his most adored treat when he is a very good boy.

Greenies are supposedly very good for your dog. They are easy to chew, easy to digest, and they even brag that they are effective at cleaning your dog’s teeth and freshening the breath. Now, I must comment on that. I do not really think that the smell of fresh chewed ...

• greenie is refreshing - call me crazy! Maybe greenie breath is appealing to other dogs, but it is certainly not attractive to the human variety. Of course, your opinion may vary.

The greenie is enriched with vitamins and minerals, and the packaging suggests feeding your dog one greenie a day. “An apple a day .” For us, “A greenie a day .” For them. I’m not sure if that applies to my dog though. He falls into the category of greenies for small dogs, but he likes the regular size better. So, I’d better stick to half a greenie per day for him. Greenies come in petite, small, regular, large and extra large sizes and they also come in low calorie and senior

kinds too. The weight recommendations for each category are printed on the packaging. If your little guy is anything like mine, and does not realize that he is not a big dog, you may have to pacify him with a larger sized greenie.

Now, the bummers greenies are not cheap, especially if you purchase them at a dog supply store. I recommend purchasing them at Longs if you have one near you. That’s where I get mine. They are so much cheaper there, and often go on sale. I’m guessing, but only guessing, that other discount stores such as Walmart may carry them for cheaper too. It’s worth looking for a place other than your regular dog supply store for this expensive but heavenly treat.

Greenies

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291301566221231/k2311a0113/1.13.09