Leeward Community College
96-045 Ala Ike - Pearl City, HI 96782
  • I absolutely recommend taking a class or two here if you have the chance
  • I have to tell you that I think there are great institutions for learning on the island, and of the community colleges here, this is not one of the better ones
  • It is not as challenging as I believe it should be
  • However, the view is only magnificent from the Leeward Community College grounds - at least the best view with all the monster ships
  • So, if you happen to be taking classes at UH West Oahu, or know someone who is, make sure you go, or tell them to go sit by the agricultural department garden on the Leeward CC campus for an out of this world experience

• by Hawaii Reviewer

Leeward Community College is a magical place. First, the location is just fantastic! It is up high on a hill with large grassy quads, and a magnificent view of Pearl Harbor. I first took a class here while attending Honolulu Community College for my A.A. degree. I needed a math course (trigonometry) that was offered here during a semester it wasn’t offered at my Alma Mater. I absolutely cannot stand math! So, as it turns out, I couldn’t have picked a better place for that subject.

During our break, I would go sit on the steps near the agricultural studies garden overlooking

the harbor. It is so peaceful up there - so quiet you can hear God speaking to you (and I’m not usually one to connect with a spiritual being, and I’m certainly not psychotic!). So, anyway, looking out over these enormous naval ships gives you a feeling of being so small and humble in the universe - it’s hard to explain. But, inevitably, when I would go back to class after break, a sense of calm would envelop me and make me feel as though nothing in the world could be so great an obstacle, especially math. I absolutely recommend taking a class or two ...

• here if you have the chance.

I took more classes there recently in order to fill some prerequisite courses I was lacking for my current graduate program. I have to tell you that I think there are great institutions for learning on the island, and of the community colleges here, this is not one of the better ones. The professors are wonderfully nice, but also very easy on the students. It is not as challenging as I believe it should be. So, while I would not recommend during your entire course of study here, I do think that it is a great place to

supplement for classes that are not available at your home school. It is worth the view and the peace and tranquility one experiences while there.

The campus is located in Pearl City right next to UH West Oahu. However, the view is only magnificent from the Leeward Community College grounds - at least the best view with all the monster ships. So, if you happen to be taking classes at UH West Oahu, or know someone who is, make sure you go, or tell them to go sit by the agricultural department garden on the Leeward CC campus for an out of this world experience!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 501301566181231/k2311a0113/1.13.09