The Mist by Stephen King (R, 2007)  » Movies  »
  • I know that there are lots of social and religious undertones that I'm failing to mention

• by Famous

I watched this movie in segments. I have to admit that at first I was completely intrigued.

But as time progressed, my interest waned somewhat, and I was wondering whether I should start the movie again.

I did, and then I realized that it wasn’t me that caused me to lose interest, it was the

movie itself.

Don’t get me wrong, the concept of The Mist was completely scary.

I would be terrified if a fog moved in over the city and claimed people’s lives.

But when I discovered that the giant insects and creatures were actually attacking the people, I was taken aback, disgusted, and then I became ...

• disinterested.

This is because as good as the story probably is (had I read it) - I just am not interested in big monsters killing people.

I know that there are lots of social and religious undertones that I’m failing to mention.

And I know that the scarier parts are supposed to be related to

human nature in the face of catastrophe.

But I just couldn’t get into this movie.

I felt the same way about some of Stephen King’s other book/film adaptations.

I know that King is not fully responsible for directing and putting everything together.

I just think that the movies have gone downhill since “Pet Sematary.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111201565951131/k2311a0112/1.12.09