Boogeyman 2 (UR, 2008)  » Movies  »
1.5
  • I rented this because I thought this film would be a diversion from the first

• by Famous

This film is the supposedly the sequel to the original Boogeyman (PG-13, 2005) and is focused on a group of mental patients who are in some sort of group therapy. There is one girl (the main character of course) who has a big theory about the Boogeyman, whom

she believes has killed her parents.

The trouble that I had with this movie is that the “Boogeyman” was way too active.

There were lots of patients who had different phobias of some sort.

And predictably, one by one, they get killed.

...

• I do believe that the director thought that by adding Tobin Bell (of the Saw movies) in the movie, that he would up the ante on this particular horror flick - making it more “authentic.

” He was wrong.

Not only were the scenes predictably gory,

I was unenthused by the complete lack of real suspense.

I rented this because I thought this film would be a diversion from the first.

It was.

But I was mistaken in believing that the first installment couldn’t get any worse.

This movie was pretty bad.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111201565901131/k2311a0112/1.12.09