Ghostrider  » Movies  »
1.5
  • I had really hoped it would live up to the hype, unfortunately I didn't think it did
  • In the first place I don't think Nicholas Cage fit the part very well, or at least his voice didn't and I felt he over acted a bit
  • Although I was not impressed with the movie myself, my nephew liked it pretty well

• by LP Jardine

I watched “Ghostrider” with my nephew this afternoon. I had really hoped it would live up to the hype, unfortunately I didn’t think it did.

In the first place I don’t think Nicholas Cage fit the part very well, or at least his voice didn’t and I felt he over acted

a bit.

However, I did like the special effects in the movie.

In this particular movie the Comic is brought to the big screen where it does explain how Johnny Blaze becomes Ghostrider.

I remember liking the comic books when I was a youngster.

In this movie Johnny copes with becoming Ghostrider and realizes ...

• he must thwart a demon even though he himself is the Devil’s bounty hunter.

I did like Carter Slade who was played very well by Sam Elliot. He pulled off the part with a style all his own. I did like when Slade changed his horse and himself into a

ghostrider as well. I thought Elliot out acted Nicholas Cage. He brought his own “western” persona to the part in a way I didnt expect, but it worked well for him.

Although I was not impressed with the movie myself, my nephew liked it pretty well. He is in his late teens.

Ghostrider

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111201565871131/k2311a0112/1.12.09