Close to the Bone by David Wiltse  » Books  »
  • I thought the writer did a good job of exploring the repercussions of tracking killers and the toll it can take on a person tracking them
  • I also thought it was interesting that it was written showing the point of view of both Bahoud and Becker

• by LP Jardine

I finished reading a novel called “Close to the Bone” which was written by David Wiltse.

In “Close to the Bone” a trouble shooter named Becker matches wits with an assassin name of Bahoud. Becker feels that he may be just as bad as the killers he stalks, during the chase he deals with

his own demons as well as the assassin he is tracking.

I thought the writer did a good job of exploring the repercussions of tracking killers and the toll it can take on a person tracking them.

I also thought it was interesting that it was written showing the point of view of both Bahoud and ...

• Becker.

I did find it interesting that Bahouds favorite way of killing was a wire coat hanger or an ice pick. He only used a gun as a last resort.

Becker scares himself by how he relates to killers and psychopaths. He wonders if he is unhinged himself.

I liked the part of the

book where the least likely person, a crippled woman, fooled and fought back against the assassin, who left a trail of bodies from Canada to Detroit to New York.

I have never read anything written by this author, I thought the book was written in an interesting style.

“Close to the Bone” offers a good supporting cast.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 171201565631131/k2311a0112/1.12.09