Solid Gold’s Hund-n-Flocken Dog Food
2.5
  • I don't think this is a bad food as I have seen it fed to many dogs without a problem, however I don't think it's a good food for every dog
  • I personally would never use it again for any of my current dogs, or dogs that I might have in the future, but because the overall nutritional value is exceptional I wouldn't want to tell anyone to avoid it entirely

• by Lablover007

Even though Solid Gold’s Hund-n-Flocken Adult Dog food has become an extremely popular food for owners to feed to their dogs, I am personally not thrilled with it. As an owner, show handler, and breeder of Labrador Retrievers, as well as a dog trainer and foster Mom to many privately rescued dogs, I have personally tried various brands of foods while trying to find just the right one for my pups. A good friend of mine recommended Solid Gold to me and since I respected this person and their opinion on dog care, I didn’t even question whether this was a good food or not.

I immediately went out and bought a

few bags of the Hund-n-Flocken Adult blend, the exact kind that my friend had been raving about, and slowly started to mix it in with my dogs’ old food to being switching them over. I was slightly distracted by the high price when I purchased the food, costing me over $50 for only 33 lbs, but I’m one of those crazy dog Moms who will pay just about anything when it comes to my dogs’ health.

The catch was that this food seemed to be worse for my dogs’ health, rather than beneficial. My friend had told me that since starting Solid Gold her dogs had more energy, glowing coats, clean-white teeth, and ...

• just seemed to feel great overall.

This was not the case for any of my dogs on Solid Gold. Every one of my dogs had bowel troubles, gas and bloating as soon as they started eating this new food.

My four older dogs began to have diarrhea and seemed somewhat lethargic. I switched them back to their old food and within a few days everyone was back to normal.

I don’t think this is a bad food as I have seen it fed to many dogs without a problem, however I don’t think it’s a good food for every dog. Dogs with especially sensitive stomachs probably won’t do well on

the Hund-n-Flocken food and I would be weary of all Solid Gold foods for this kind of dog.

Although this wasn’t the right food for my dogs I cannot deny that it works very well for many dogs. I personally would never use it again for any of my current dogs, or dogs that I might have in the future, but because the overall nutritional value is exceptional I wouldn’t want to tell anyone to avoid it entirely.

If you do decide to try Solid Gold’s Hund-n-Flocken dog food simply be cautious about how quickly you switch to the new food and discontinue the food entirely if you notice any gastric symptoms in your dog.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 291201565611131/k2311a0112/1.12.09