Gold Houseboat  » Travel  »
Alleppey backwaters (Kerala)
  • Now I can recommend you all to contact them if you need any help regarding Kerala Trip
  • One night journey in the houseboat was the amazing, most beautiful, & romantic journey
  • I prefer to contact the Kerala Greenery which is a very good travel agency

• by paresh

Kerala Trip was the most beautiful and unforgettable trip of my life. I still remember each and every moment, visited places. Kerala is the very popular honeymoon destination in India.

We traveled by train Kanyakumari Express. We boarded from Pune railway station and the destination station was Ernakulum (Kerala) station. We were so excited because that was our first Kerala trip and also we had heard from friends and also seen in TV about Kerala.

We reached at Ernakulum railway station in the morning on the 2nd day at around 4:00 AM. Actually Hotel booking was done through one of the very good tour agency called Kerala Greenery. Everything was arranged by them. We booked the entire package online through mail and phone. The agency provides one private Car (AC or Non-AC). Weather was cold so we booked non-AC and yes they are not going to provide Car for free but need to pay money for it.

Driver was waiting at the Railway Station holding board of my name. That was unexpected. I didn’t expect this to that person, very systematic.

I was little in a tension about how the hotel will be? How that driver will be? Because booking was done on phone without asking anyone about the agency. When we looked at the driver - I relief my tension. Now I can recommend you all to contact them if you need any help regarding Kerala Trip. You can ask any type of questions on anything, their customer care agents are always ready to answer your questions.

Form Railway station to Munnar Hotel - it took around 2-3 hours. Our hotel was West Wood River Side Garden Resort. Hotel having a very beautiful location. We were there for 2 days and after that we started our journey towards Alleppey Backwater.

Tour agency had booked one Gold Deluxe AC Houseboat. We stayed there for one night. Boarded to the Houseboat at around 11:00 AM. From there we went to another place called Kumarakom Backwater, resort was Paradise Resort. We reached next morning at 9:00 AM.

One night journey in the houseboat was the amazing, most beautiful, & romantic journey. You can image ...

• - the boat is travelling and totally darkness outside, very silent. You can hear only the voice of frogs and the bubbles. You are seating with your wife in an open space of houseboat looking at the sky, seeing twinkle stars. Beautiful Experience.

In the entire one night journey there were only four people - my wife, myself, Driver of the Boat and the Cook. Cook was really great; food prepared by him was so tasty. You don’t have to carry any food with you, they will serve whatever you want (Vegetarian or Non- Vegetarian food).

Initially we had a concern about the security during the night time but after talking to the driver and cook we feel secure.

Boat was entirely a handmade boat, each and everything is made up of bamboo. You can see in the photos, how beautiful that houseboat was. There are two types of Houseboat, AC or Non-AC. I prefer to have AC Houseboat.

While traveling through Houseboat, you can ask them to stop at any point of time and you can get down

of the boat. You can find many shops on the bank of river so nothing to worry about.

In the morning we had again a full breakfast - south Indian food with juice. It was so delicious. In the next morning we reached to another resort. Entire journey was memorable journey. I will never forget this moment of my life.

Whenever you visit Kerala, don’t miss the backwater journey. I prefer to contact the Kerala Greenery which is a very good travel agency. They will guide you not just for travel guide but also will help you for train / flight booking.

Winter & beginning of the summer is my preferable season for the backwater or Kerala journey. If you are planning to go there in the summer you will find tariff and all other things little cheap as compare to other season because summer is the off season. In the summer is little hot in Kerala. You will not like to go out of your hotel or from your houseboat during summer time.

Enjoy your journey, Have a safe Journey!!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in January, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 381101565390731/k2311a0111/1.11.09